- 31 Years experience in multi-media programming and content for broadcast, marketing, web, and print.
- Expert knowledge of production and post-production in multimedia environments.
- Expert knowledge of streaming media platforms and architecture.
- Ability to quickly communicate complex technology, engineering, and terminology to individuals at all skill levels.
- Expert knowledge of advanced color theory and compositing techniques for film/video production.
- Advanced knowledge of software SDLC and RAD/RUP/Agile methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of Storage Area Networks, LAN and WAN topologies, and services.
Director of Post Production & Technology 2012 ~ Current
- Implemented client relations and project feedback system so that projects complete with a 99.9% on-time rate.
- Implemented junior mentoring and career path mentoring for creative media staff.
- Designed and implemented Project Management protocols and procedures for reviewing and assessment of “Special Projects” so that projects with R.O.I. are primary.
- Developed and implemented facility-wide multimedia networked storage solution which translated into a 60% increase in file transfer and operations efficiency.
- Developed and implemented file naming conventions and production standards which translated into a 50% increase in post-production operations efficiency.
- Developed and implemented facility-wide media archival systems and substructures.
- Established post-production workflows and sub-systems so that costly downtime was reduced by 27.8%.
- Designed and implemented facility-wide Mesh WiFI multimedia distribution and video streaming system.
- A senior member of management advisory team with fiscal responsibility for staffing and technology evaluation and purchasing.
- Established creative staff feedback and peer review systems so that clients receive a product that does not “miss the mark” and delivers measurable outcomes.
V.P. of Production & Research and Development, Waterford Institute. 2008 ~ 2012
Senior Post Production Supervisor, Waterford Institute 2006 ~ 2008
CIO, SageMD /ARGUS L.L.C. 2005 ~ 2006
Senior Film/Video Editor, Waterford Institute 2003 ~ 2005
Senior Film/Video Editor & Partner, Eagle Edit – Pinnaclepost, Inc. 1989 ~ 2003
Assistant Editor/Production Assistant, FilmWorks, Inc. 1988 ~ 1989
Assistant QA Audio Engineer, Bonneville Communications, Inc. 1987 ~ 1988
Achievements & Awards
- 10 National Tellys, 3 Regional Addys, U.S. DOT Video Excellence Award For Children’s Programming
- Contract consultant to corporations and government agencies providing technical assessment, analysis, engineering and integration of broadcast production equipment, digital asset management systems and post-production solutions.
- “ALPHA” test consultant to Apple Computers for the Final Cut Pro NLE project. (2000~2002)
- Scitex Digital liaison committee member digital NLE solutions. (1999~ 2005)
- Subject matter expert discussing editorial theory, color theory, digital media production and workflow.